Succession certificate and legal heir certificate
When it comes to gaining access to their inherited moveable assets in India, non-resident Indians have many difficulties. Legal heirs are in disarray due to banks’ strict regulations governing the release of deceased people’s wealth since they are unfamiliar with the rules and processes for accessing these assets. Any type of movable asset, including cash in bank accounts, investments in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or other financial instruments, or cash deposited in India’s post offices, must now be accompanied by a succession certificate in order to be accessed.
A Succession Certificate is a legal document that the court issues to allow the heirs of the deceased to claim any movable property. On a request for issuance of such a succession certificate filed by the beneficiaries in a court of suitable jurisdiction, it is issued by the appropriate civil courts in India in accordance with the applicable inheritance laws.
How to Obtain a Succession Certificate in India?
– In order to get a certificate, the beneficiary must file a petition with a court of law.
– The certificate may be issued by the district judge whose jurisdiction includes the movable property in question or by the judge who presided over the deceased person’s residence.
– The beneficiary’s name, relationship to the deceased, and the names of all other Class 1 Legal Heirs must all be included in the petition.
– The petition must be accompanied by a copy of the deceased person’s death certificate for whom the legal heirs are requesting access to their assets.
– The court will then inform all parties involved and provide a deadline for anyone to object. The court then gives a succession certificate to the beneficiary if no objections are voiced.
– A joint certificate is given in the case of several beneficiaries.
To help the Indian diaspora abroad secure these succession certificates so they can access the hard-earned money that their parents put in movable assets, NRI Paperwork Solutions offers a comprehensive solution. Our clients do not need to fly to India in order to receive this comprehensive service from us.